Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Love Affair

So I've been thinking today, after having begun this blog, that what I've got going on here is a love affair with food. Honestly, yes, exercise isn't so much my favorite. However, I can see myself getting to like it once I'm not so damn fat. One of my biggest problems is this love affair I have with food. Love affair, addiction....whatever. Truth is, I freaking love to eat. And the stuff I love to eat traditionally isn't "health food."

True, I do like some healthy stuff. But I'd rather be eating pasta alfredo, cake, ice cream, or just about any kind of cheese you can think of. I eat when I'm bored. I eat when I'm sad. I eat when I'm hungry (shock!) but the truth is I'm not often truly hungry because I usually eat so much. Portion control is like a dirty word, or has been.

You know the old phrase "admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery?" I've used that line about sixteen million times to get a laugh. But I really think it applies here. I am not going to be a size 10 overnight. I have to admit I have a problem, and by god I do have a problem. I can't picture myself as one of those people who says, "No thank you" when offered a piece of cake. But I honestly do think that I can be one of those people who can say "yes please" and compensate for it. Extra gym time. Fewer calories the next day (or even better, the day before to prepare for it). I CAN be that girl who savors every bite instead of wolfing down my meal (which always leaves me wanting more). I really CAN do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Check me out on Twitter (@OnwardColleen) and come back often! As always - feel free to email me any time! reinventingcolleen@att.net

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola