Tuesday, January 25, 2011

30 Days of Pictures - Day 14

Day 14 - "A picture of someone you could never imagine your life without."

I have three someones I couldn't imagine my life without - my husband of 12 years and my 2 wonderful daughters.

A couple of seasons ago on "The Biggest Loser" there was a woman on the show who had lost her husband and two children in a vehicle accident. All at once. Just like that. Ever since I watched that, I think about it EVERY TIME we get in the van together. I have no idea how you carry on after losing one member of your family, let alone your whole entire family. We are a close nit bunch, the four of us. By and large we're all homebodies who just enjoy spending time together. We love playing games together, watching movies together, shopping together....just everything. We're the type of parents who aren't often without their children (although the occasional kid-free date is always MUCH appreciated). We take them with us, for the most part. We want our children to experience life, not just what it's like to be stuck at home with a babysitter. We have never really had a problem with their behavior taking them anywhere really. And it's nice to know we don't have to be on pins and needles when we go out to dinner wondering what they're going to do next.

The only person we have ever had watch our children for a length of time has been my husband's mother. Our oldest (age 6) has only spent the night away from home a handful of times, and even then it's only been with her grandma. Our youngest (2 1/2) has never spent the night away from home. I guess it's just who we are. Breaks are always good, but truthfully we'd just all rather be together.

Still to come....because I know you're on the edge of your seat with anticipation:


15. A picture of something you want to do before you die
16. A picture of someone who inspires you
17. A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently
18. A picture of your biggest insecurity
19. A picture of you when you were little
20. A picture of somewhere you'd love to travel
21. A picture of something you wish you could forget
22. A picture of something you wish you were better at
23. A picture of your favorite book
24. A picture of something you wish you could change
25. A picture of your day
26. A picture of something that means a lot to you
27. A picture of yourself and a family member
28. A picture of something your afraid of
29. A picture that can always make you smile
30. A picture of someone you miss

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Check me out on Twitter (@OnwardColleen) and come back often! As always - feel free to email me any time! reinventingcolleen@att.net

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola