Monday, March 14, 2011

Friend Making Monday!

I'm participating in Friend Making Mondays - straight from Kenz at All The Weigh!  Go check out her post to see the rules and participate too!  I love surveys and love getting to know my fellow bloggers.  Something like this may be just what I need to get out of my aforementioned funk (and some Excedrin Migraine).




FMM: We Heart Surveys!  
 
 




1) What's your favorite brand of make-up? Are you loyal to one brand?  The cold, hard truth is that I have no flippin' idea how to apply make up the right way.  I have never put on foundation IN MY LIFE.  It scares me.  Though I want to learn how, it still scares me.  All I wear are eye shadow and eyeliner, and I'm not brand loyal at all.

2) What is the last thing you drank? Water


3) What's your favorite Girl Scout cookie? The Samoa, which is made from coconut, cookie, chocolate, and pure evil.  I could eat seventeen boxes of them if given the opportunity.  Because of this fact, I'm sort of secretly happy  my 6 year old decided to quit Girl Scouts.

4) French Fries or Onion Rings? I love baked french fries but love fried onion rings even more.  But these days I'll pass up fried onion rings every time.

5) Share something you've done in the last week that makes you proud of yourself. I lost yet again at my weigh in today.  That's becoming a trend and I like it.

6) What is your favorite inexpensive indulgence? Can't say that I have one at the moment.

7) Are you currently reading a book? If so, which one? My husband is picking out something from the library as we speak.  He's looking for "Full Dark, No Stars" by Stephen King for me (he's just begun reading his copy and we want to read it together).  If that's not in he's going to get "Eat, Pray, Love" for me.

8) Do you prefer to text or talk? Depends on the person and how much I've got going on.  I like to talk when I have the time but texting is a good quick fix.  I find I communicate with people more frequently by text.

9) Have you ever performed on stage? No, but I'm thinking that I'll finally do karaoke this year on our cruise.

10) Are you more likely to pick truth or dare? Truth because I always think I'll embarrass myself with a dare.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Colleen. Just found your blog via Darla's site. Wanted to stop by, say hi, and how much I like it. I've bookmarked and will visit often. Good luck on your journey!!! You're obviously well on the way to your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Full Dark, No Stars ... I liked the story about the devil. Eat, Pray, Love seems interesting except when I read an article by the author she seemed like such a spoiled brat, now I am turned off by her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi there! loved reading your responses. i participated for the first time too. here's my post: http://emgettinghealthy.blogspot.com/2011/03/friend-making-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://zingzangzoom.blogspot.com/2011/03/friend-making-monday-my-first.html

    EPL is a good book. I had to skim the Pray section, but the other 2 parts of her journey were very fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did it! http://anotherweightwatchersblog.blogspot.com/2011/03/im-participating-in-friend-making.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Colleen! Good answers :) You'll have to let me know how the Stephen King book is once you read it, and congrats on your weigh-in! PS. Samoas are definitely evil ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must say, I am so glad that in Canada those Girl Guide (our Scouts) do not exist (Whew).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Full Dark, No Stars ... I liked the story about the devil. Eat, Pray, Love seems interesting except when I read an article by the author she seemed like such a spoiled brat, now I am turned off by her.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Check me out on Twitter (@OnwardColleen) and come back often! As always - feel free to email me any time! reinventingcolleen@att.net

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola