Friday, March 25, 2011

I want to write, but.... (contains a small revelation)

I obviously like to write.  And usually I have a  good bit of subject matter floating around in my head. Tonight, eh....well.  Not so much.

I am doing well with my #100daychipquest goals.  120 oz water (barely got that in today) daily, Stay within my daily WW points range (with the exception of one week per month where I'll allow myself to use some of my weekly allotment of points), and no sneaky snacking.

This was my one week in March were I'm going to allow myself some of those points.  I used an extra10 points today and it felt like A LOT.  My daughter requested we go out to dinner tonight and I've got to say in all honesty, I'm glad she did.  I've just felt wiped the past few days.  She picked our favorite local Italian restaurant and I felt like using those extra points.  It's very rare that I do so.  And you know what?  I feel bloated, and wish now that I hadn't.  But wishing won't make it so, so I'll just learn from it.  Even if I have those extra points it doesn't mean I have to use them and it also doesn't mean I'll enjoy a meal more if I eat more of it.

Hold on - maybe that is a little profound

More does not always equal BETTER.  I have been in a mindset of "if a little is good, a lot is better" for so damn long that I have started to believe my own hype.  It's not always so.  In fact, the last time we went to this restaurant, I got their killer lasagna (which is what I had tonight) and I brought half of it home and enjoyed every damn bite of the second half the next day for lunch.  Maybe, just perhaps, a little now and a little later is more enjoyable than a lot now and nothing later.

Yes, by god, I think I learned something today.  And that, my friends, makes for a great day of change.

PS - my hubby's sick with an ear infection and he's feeling poorly.  Send him some positive energy, won't you? He really is a good egg and I hate to see him suffer so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Check me out on Twitter (@OnwardColleen) and come back often! As always - feel free to email me any time! reinventingcolleen@att.net

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola