Sunday, April 10, 2011

Absenteeism / Wedding Day Jitters

The Fam & I at the wedding
I've been an absent blogger, I know it.  My last update was Thursday, which is unlike me.  But, I guess I just needed a break.  I don't know as I feel refreshed so much as ready to get back at it.  Thursday's post took a lot out of me emotionally and maybe I just wasn't ready to come back until now.

But what I have to tell you about is EPIC.  My father-in-law and his girlfriend of many, many years tied the knot yesterday.  It was a very special day in their lives and my wonderful husband actually performed the ceremony for his father and new step-mother.  As you're all well aware, with weddings traditionally comes lots of food and drink and this wedding was no different.  There was a lot of food and a lot of free beer to be had.  For a few days leading up to the festivities I was actually a bit nervous, but mostly because I didn't know what I was going to wear to the thing.

I did end up buying a new blouse for the wedding and I was SO FREAKING EXCITED that I went down a size in shirts.  That was a nice feeling.

I am happy to report I didn't binge.  And while I did have 3 1/2 alcoholic drinks AND a small piece of cake, I didn't even go over my daily Weight Watchers points.  I was so busy visiting with people and having a good time that food hardly even crossed my mind.  It felt so good to be in control of myself.  I got compliments on my weight loss (and my well-behaved kids!) and the whole event was just a lot of fun.  I wish my father in law and his new wife all the best.  I couldn't have had a nicer day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Check me out on Twitter (@OnwardColleen) and come back often! As always - feel free to email me any time! reinventingcolleen@att.net

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola