Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Weight Loss Meetings

How many of you participate in a weight loss program where you have to go to a weekly meeting, monitor your progress and stay for a topic talk of some type?  There are lots of programs out there, many with online versions of their program, some without.

What works for you?

That's a powerful question.  Often we try to make what we THINK works or SHOULD work for us be the program we're going to be successful doing, but the fact is, that's not always the case.  We try to fit the program into our lives rather changing our lives to fit the program.

 I have been doing that with GLARING bouts of anything-but success with the Weight Watchers Online program.  It is an awesome program, to be sure.  But I think it is the sort of program that would be a great tool for the person that doesn't have serious food issues like yours truly.  When have I been most successful?  When I went to the MEETINGS.  When I had actual face-to-face people to talk to and bounce ideas off.

For a long time I have been finding lots of different ways to say, "I CAN'T" when it comes to going to Weight Watchers meetings.  My Job/My Kids/My Family/My Responsibilities/My Husband/MyBLAHBLAHBLAH.  Guess what?  If I keep going the way I'm going, I won't be able to enjoy any of those things anyway.

So, I found a way to say I CAN.

And guess what?  Instead of being all shy and "I'm not going to tell anyone because I'll be embarrassed and everyone will know I'm fat" (Because HELLO.....people have eyes, right?  Even Ronnie Milsap would know I've got weight issues) - I decided to reach out to an old friend who once mentioned WW and ask if she's still interested.  She's decided to go too....and we'll call her Jean S. for the purposes of this blog.  I'm happy to have someone I know going too, and the support means a great deal to me. 

Jean and I start Sept 18th.  Let's all be wishing her luck in weaning herself from Dr. Pepper in the meantime.  I'm excited!

PS - thanks for all the comments on my last post!  I'm glad to know I'm not alone.  I plan to do some dusting around here!

8 comments:

  1. Good for you! i hope it helps you stay on track. I've been trying out the WW online, and I agree sticking with it has been quite the challenge so far. I was really good for the first week, but now its just like any other website and I kind of don't care. I'm working on caring though. I'm still thinking about meetings. We'll see. Once I'm done with the Marathon I'm truly going to focus back on losing weight. Right now, I just want to get through October!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I wish you all of the success in the world! My mom in law tried the at home online stuff and couldn't do it, but the face to face meetings keep her on task. I hope you do just as great! :)

    Sarah
    www.thinfluenced.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. First I tried to do it on my own (calorie counting etc), then I tried Weight Watchers online none of it stuck. I had to/need to go back to weekly weigh in's and meetings. Finally it has stuck and I'm doing great and enjoying it. you have to do whatever works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never join weight loss program but it sounds great. If you have someone along the way, it boost your motivation as you lose. I am currently doing it on my own. Track my progress online. Reading weight loss story from people who have success their goal also inspired me to work harder towards my goal.

    http://herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've tried the WW online too and I just couldn't stick with it. I'm starting going back to the meetings this next week too. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so todays the day! Best of luck with the fresh start :o) Let us know how you get on, I too am back on the band wagon today!

    http://inspirationtransformation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to declare I am totally happy read more using this latest knowledge in weight loss, it is absolutely incredible, by domain flipping improved when i acquired been to link. Prefer a slender check this body, you should pay a visit to which also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A year ago I was completely out of shape. Then, I decided that I strongly dislilked that person in the mirror with pounds of excessive fat. That was the time when I've started visiting gym. I was also looking for sum diet pills or fat burners, but my friend recommended me nutritional supplement for enhancing my strength and endurance instead - Super Army formula by Military Grade. He said, it was better to take staff that naturally improves my trainings, and consequently promotes fat burning. I must say, in half a year I've reached great resuts. I've lost 40 pounds, my muscles became more tough and I felt toned like never before. I expected to be exhausted after my workouts, but it did not happen, as well as recovery was not so painful as I was afraid of. I will do my best to keep this 'new shape'.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Check me out on Twitter (@OnwardColleen) and come back often! As always - feel free to email me any time! reinventingcolleen@att.net

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola