Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Drive On

There's a song by Johnny Cash called "Drive On." You can hear/watch it here, if you're so inclined: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMcsDVYo0I8

Listening to the lyrics, it's about persistence....something I'm not really known for. I start things but don't have great follow through. I love newness, excitement. I guess I allow myself to get bored easily. Once the shine and sparkle wear off, more often than not I move on.

This time I'm determined to DRIVE ON. Yesterday: not the greatest "clean eating" day. I overindulged a little. I still have a lot to learn about myself and my over indulgences. I'm the kind of girl who normally would just eat and eat and eat and eat until I was WAY more than "Thanksgiving-Full."

Pasta is my major weakness. We had baked tortellini last night with garlic bread. Normally, that would be the meal with some steamed vegetable of some kind. I'd like to tell you that normally the vegetable is the biggest serving on my plate but we all know that I didn't get like this by having my biggest portions be vegetables. Hell no. My biggest portion is always the pasta and the bread. Guess I'm a carb girl.

Anyway, after having had a piece of cake after lunch yesterday, I should have just stopped freaking eating for the day. But I didn't. However, I had a "normal" sized portion of pasta and ONE piece of garlic bread. Also, to start off, I had a big side salad which was awesome. Still - I felt like I had overindulged from the rest of the day's excesses (lunch didn't go to well).

However, since I choose to DRIVE ON, I have a new motto: Yesterday Is Yesterday. It's done with and there's nothing I can do to change it. Today is a new day and it's going to be a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Check me out on Twitter (@OnwardColleen) and come back often! As always - feel free to email me any time! reinventingcolleen@att.net

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola