Monday, August 9, 2010

Monday, Monday

Got up this morning at 5:04am. On purpose. I got ready and headed to the YMCA. Once I get out and about I sort of get excited about my workout because I know it's a new opportunity to start a day totally right. So, I decided to do my new favorite thing - I turned on the news, hopped on the treadmill and alternated: 4 min brisk walk with 0 incline, 5 minutes brisk walk with a 4 incline. I really like this...it gets my heart rate up and I sweat my buns off but I don't feel like I'm going to die. Last week I was only able to do 20 minutes of this. Today I pushed it to 30. May not sound like a lot but I felt FANTASTIC after and can't wait to push it some more at my next workout.

I decided to weigh myself on Mondays instead of Fridays. Weighing on Mondays keeps me accountable on the weekends instead of "celebrating" a loss for the week over the weekend with food when I weigh on Fridays. Anyway, I weighed this morning when I got back from my workout. 1.8 pounds lost. That's with fair food and going out for a big lunch at Joe's Crab Shack. This week's going to be even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Check me out on Twitter (@OnwardColleen) and come back often! As always - feel free to email me any time! reinventingcolleen@att.net

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola