Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Starting the week off right...

Are you ready? I can actually say that I'm very proud of yesterday as a whole for me. I started the day off great with a fantastic workout, I (seriously, start the trumpets and celebration music here) EXERCISED PORTION CONTROL - ALL DAY! Seems a pretty elementary thing, but it's a huge accomplishment for me. Also, I kept a food journal all day and I avoided what I call "insanity snacks." For me, these are the ones that happen after the girls go to bed. My husband and I both have a huge sweet tooth, and we love anything cake-y & sweet. But last night - no such snacks or any other for that matter. Excellent day all around (except for my youngest's temper tantrums, but that's neither here nor there, that's all in a day's work when you've got a 2 year old).

I started today with a fantastic Kundalini Yoga workout: Fat Free Yoga for Beginners & Beyond w/ Ana Brett and Ravi Singh. It's completely awesome and I'll tell you why: You can design your own workout with several options to choose from so it never gets boring. And not only does it work your body but you emotional issues as well through various forms of breathing exercises and meditations. Excellent stuff!

Here's to an awesome Tuesday as well. My plan is to have one great day at a time and string them together into a week. Then string those weeks into a month, and so on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Check me out on Twitter (@OnwardColleen) and come back often! As always - feel free to email me any time! reinventingcolleen@att.net

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola