Saturday, October 23, 2010

Big Bad Scary Weekend

Well, weight-loss wise I was kind of scared what Saturday would bring. Or, rather, how I would react to less structure to my day and therefore less structure to my eating habits. Today we were away from the house for the day on a Pumpkin Patch adventure and I knew we'd be going out to eat for lunch. There was good and not-so-good, but nothing I would call "bad."

My FLOG:
Breakfast: Forgot to eat before we left. Stopped at Starbucks and ordered a venti (who knew that meant TWENTY Freaking Ounces?) white chocolate latte. It was scrumptious but I couldn't even finish half of it. I'm not a copious-amounts-of-coffee drinker. I like about one....MAYBE two cups a day. Aron finished it off for me.
Snack: 0
Lunch: Salad consisting of: lots of lettuce, cucumbers, about 1/4 cup shredded cheese, about 1/4 cup chopped egg, and roughly 3 T of italian dressing. I sprinkled a few sunflower seeds on top. Also: 2 pieces of thin crust pizza w/ pineapple, black olives and mushrooms and a breadstick.
Snack -0
Dinner - homemade vegeatrian chili, crackers
After Dinner - 3 cookies

I guess what I'm feeling "not-so-good" about is that I still feel full. I really don't like that feeling at all. Especially at 10:42 at night.

Tomorrow is baking day at our house. My daughters and I love to bake together and my 6 year old has requested Halloween sugar cookies with frosting. We'll make it all from scratch, and we'll have a blast doing it. My husband and I both have a sweet tooth, but I'm finding it easier (most of the time) to control myself and truly enjoy a treat in moderation. This whole past week I've done well with not over-indulging in treats after the kids went to bed, which in the past has been a forte of ours. He's incredibly supportive.

Will check back in tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Check me out on Twitter (@OnwardColleen) and come back often! As always - feel free to email me any time! reinventingcolleen@att.net

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola