Tuesday, October 26, 2010

It's Tuesday Somewhere

Today was an "eh" kind of day. Here's my Flog:

Breakfast - Granola bar, coffee, water
Snack - none
Lunch - 2 slices pizza, some carrots, 1/2 peach, water
Snack - pretzels, a cookie
Dinner - One bowl Cheese Enchilada Chowder (good lord I love my crockpot), tortilla chips, water

A few things I've noticed about today:

I really need to eat a better breakfast. Coffee and a granola bar just ain't going to cut it anymore. On the days that this has been my breakfast of choice, I've not really stayed the course like I'd planned. On the days I have a bowl of cereal, it sustains me more to get through the morning and on to lunch. Mental note made!

It's really easy to get into a negative mindset. I ate that cookie at some point in the afternoon and thought, "What the holy F, Colleen. Going back to the old ways again?" Which is a resounding NO. I'm not. But (mental note time) making myself feel like a criminal for eating one cookie isn't good either. This is a life I'm living, this is an entire lifestyle I'm changing. Am I going to give up cookies forever? Nope. One every now and again isn't going to kill me, and it will probably be better off for me in the long run, because I know that feeling of feeling deprived of something.....then you won't rest until you have it. And another, and another, and another.


As an aside, I ordered the Shakeology 3 Day Cleanse package from my brother, Lou, who is an Independent Beachbody Coach. (They're the folks who developed P90X, Slim in 6, among other workout systems). He's lost a good deal of weight himself using Shakeology and diligent workouts. I am excited to try out the 3 day cleanse and rid my body of some toxins that have been residing in it for FAR too long. You can visit Lou's blog here: Journey To Fitness - it's a good one and very informative. You can also follow him on Facebook through the link on his blog.

Until tomorrow, ya'll! I'm heading to the gym in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Check me out on Twitter (@OnwardColleen) and come back often! As always - feel free to email me any time! reinventingcolleen@att.net

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola