Monday, November 22, 2010

1st Milestone / Daily Flog

First of all, I want to let you know I reached my first 10 pounds lost and feel fantastic about it! I'm ready for the next 10. My 10 pound incentive was to get fresh flowers for the kitchen table (something I very rarely do). I decided to hold off until Wednesday to do that so I'll be able to enjoy them with our Thanksgiving dinner - and as a reminder that there is more to come if I am mindful of what I take in.

That being said, my calorie count isn't bad today, but the choices I made to make up those calories were .... eh. Here's the good bad, and ugly:

Breakfast: One bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats w/ Peaches & milk. ROCKED!
Snack: 1/4 cup pistachios
Lunch: Buffalo Burger (made with soy chicken pattie, hamburger bun, 1/2T mayo, homemade buffalo sauce, slice of provolone cheese, and homemade buffalo sauce; ONE serving Schwan's Green Bean Fries.
Snack: 2 pop tarts (not very smart - heavy in calories and they made me feel like complete CRAP, emotionally and physically, after I ate them.
Dinner: another bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats w/ Peaches & milk. Quite possibly my new favorite cereal
Additional: chocolate-cherry rice crispie treat.

So while I didn't come near to going over my allotted calories for the day, I sure as hell wasn't balanced today either. I did drink lots of water, though (80 oz) and now generally feel good.

How are ya'll doing out there? If you are not able to comment, please email me at goodbyefatgirl@gmail.com - I'm not sure if there's something up with the comments on my blog lately. Thanks guys!

2 comments:

  1. You got it!!! YAY!!!!

    Now I can leave supportive and/or smart alec comments! (Cause let's be honest- half the things that fall out of my mouth are going to be smart alec-ey. If only I could get the oreos to fall OUT as easily- they have no problem going in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that the damn truth? Once, about a billion years ago, while talking with some coworkers on break, we came up with the "chew it up and spit it out" diet. You know, just so you get the flavor of the food, but none of the calories. Not as a serious diet, mind you, but it seemed incredibly logical to us at the time.

    Not so much now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Check me out on Twitter (@OnwardColleen) and come back often! As always - feel free to email me any time! reinventingcolleen@att.net

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola