Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Devil and Girl Scout Cookies / Flog of The Day

I have a theory, and it's not very pretty. I think the devil has something to do with Girl Scout cookies. It's completely stupid how completely addicting these things are. My oldest daughter is a first year Girl Scout and thus sold cookies for the first time this year. We only bought 4 boxes, and give them to our children sparingly. But then last night they chose the "purple" kind (they come in a purple box) for their after-dinner treat. "2 cookies each and that's it," I told them. They were content with that - until they tasted them. The "purple" kind is the kind that has the cookie center but is surrounded by caramel, chocolate, and toasted coconut. I'm seriously drooling just explaining them. They're called Samoas and they have been my vary favorite Girl Scout cookie since the olden days when *I* was a Girl Scout.

So last night I was good. I had 2. ONLY 2. Oh how I wanted more, but my children were watching and setting a good example is important to me. But today......oh my sweet lord, today was a different story. Read my FLOG for more information:

Breakfast: one bowl Quaker Oat Squares cereal with milk

Morning Snack: EIGHT Samoa Girl Scout Cookies. That's right. I said EIGHT. Not my brightest moment.The only thing that stopped me from eating more was the thought that my girls might like to have more of them sometime. I swear to god, I could have eaten the ENTIRE box.

Lunch: 1 cup macaroni and cheese, 1/2 cup corn

PM Snack: None

Dinner:2 slices of Pizza

Water Consumption:32 measly ounces.


Tomorrow will be better. My family has been battling a stomach flu. I have been the only one unscathed. So far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Check me out on Twitter (@OnwardColleen) and come back often! As always - feel free to email me any time! reinventingcolleen@att.net

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola