Saturday, November 13, 2010

Shakeology, The 3 Day Cleanse Post Game Show

So I'm one day removed from the 3 day cleanse I did this week. What I want to start out saying is that I lost a little under 4 pounds while on the cleanse which is great. However, while I feel great physically, my greatest breakthrough has come on the mental homefront. I realized so much about my eating habits and my emotional choices when it comes to food in just 3 days. I feel like I know myself a little better now and can help myself make better choices.

To wrap up, the Shakeology 3 Day Cleanse consists of three days of identical eating habits. Each day you get 3 Shakeology drink packets to blend up into a shake, a couple of pieces of fruit, and a salad consisting of: 3 cups of greens, 4 ounces of protien, and 2 Tablespoons of fat free dressing. Plus all the water you'd like. AND THAT'S IT.

Day 1 Observations:

I realized on day one just how much I stuff in my mouth while I cook. And we're talking 3 meals a day here. Even if it's getting the kids a bowl of cereal, I'd normally take a handful of their cereal and eat it while I was fixing my bowl. WHY? It's not like that handful is going to stave off my hunger while it takes all of 32 seconds to pour a bowl of cereal for myself. I eat it, simply and quite disgustingly, BECAUSE IT'S THERE. I also will eat off my children's plates when they've had enough and I'm cleaning up the dishes. Gross, I know, but it's something I've done for a LONG time. (Until Tuesday, that is)

On Day 1 I was pretty sure I couldn't stick with it all the way through to the end. I was hungry as in, "Eh...I could eat." But not, "I swear to God I will rip your face off if you don't find me a Triscuit." I did, however, try to psych myself out with a lot of, "What the hell am I doing this for anyway?" "Why don't I just eat normally and pretend to be doing the cleanse. Nobody will know!" and "I fucking hate you, Shakeology."


Day 2 Observations
On Day 2, I woke up expecting to secretly want to eat my own shoe. That is not the case! I woke up feeling normal and having a lot of energy. I started thinking, "Maybe I can do this." I had some bumps in the road with the consisency of the Shakeology shake at lunch but got those details hammered out with the help of my brother (and Shakeology guru), Lou.

I was amazed at how few calories I could survive on and kept track all day the previous day and that day of my calories at www.livestrong.com I ended the day on a much more positive note, ready to meet day 3 and completely kick it's ass.

Day 3 Observations
Day 3 was the gem of all three. I had so much confidence and knew I was going to stare the day down and WIN. And I did. It was awesome. I realized that I'm going to HAVE to count calories if I'm going to be this weight loss thing. I've always been resistant to it saying it's too much work, I don't want to do the math, etc. Well you know what? Boo-freaking-hoo. So I'm going to have to do some addition. So freaking what. Actually, livestrong.com does all that for me, and the process makes me so aware of what's going on with my fitness goals.


Overall I would completely recommend the Shakeology 3 Day Cleanse. It's not always easy, but the revelations that I went through about my habits are something that will stay with me for a long time. I'm not saying that the cleanse cured my demons (I have issues I'll be working on for a very long time to come), but I am saying that the cleanse made me aware of a lot of areas I can work on. And that, my friends, is half the battle. I love the outlook I have about the process now!

If you're interested in trying out the Shakeology 3 Day cleanse, or any other Beachbody product, please contact my brother, Lou Lucero, and he'll get you set up. Shoot him an email at lou360x@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Check me out on Twitter (@OnwardColleen) and come back often! As always - feel free to email me any time! reinventingcolleen@att.net

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola