Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Shakeology Day 1 Wrap Up (The Good, The Bad and the Ugly)

Well, I'm still alive and that counts for something, right? All in all, my first day of the Shakeology 3 Day Cleanse wasn't horrible. I came to a lot of realizations today, namely:

I EAT LIKE A HOG WHEN I PREPARE FOOD.

Seriously, I always kind of new I was a "taster" when I'm cooking (and believe you me, I freaking LOVE to cook). But today really brought to light how MUCH I do it. As I was preparing lunch for my own daughter and my daycare children I realized that no less than 10 times did I have to stop my hand from bringing some unneeded food to my mouth. And that's just making lunch for kids. I also noticed it when I was preparing dinner for my own family. If I could substitute carrot sticks, or celery sticks (I love both) and water for that snacking, that would be much better than what I have been doing. How many calories have I consumed over the years doing this? It all goes back to my dieting myth of "If nobody sees you eat it, it doesn't count." And , "If it's shaped like a circle that means it has zero calories."

Also:

3 CUPS OF SALAD AND 4 OUNCES OF PROTEIN (chicken, in my case) SEEMS LIKE A LOT

....especially when all you've had to eat all day was 2 Shakeology shakes and some water. It was a fantastic, wonderful salad and I look forward to the one from tomorrow as well.

Those things were good. Here's a "bad":

I couldn't get down my 3rd Shakeology of the day. Maybe the mistake I made was trying to drink it without having blended it with ice. But the texture just stuck in my throat and I just couldn't do it. So Livestrong.com is telling me I've only had 560 calories today. Can that be right?

I'm ready to start tomorrow. I hope the texture thing works itself out with the Shakeology. I'll go back to using a frozen banana in my shake for the morning and see how it goes.


The Ugly:
I don't have anything ugly to say about the experience! I was really terrified nervous before starting the cleanse. And there have been moments today where I've told myself, "You can't do this. It's too hard." This is where I push through and make myself BELIEVE I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Check me out on Twitter (@OnwardColleen) and come back often! As always - feel free to email me any time! reinventingcolleen@att.net

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola