Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Yesterday's Flog / Leave Me Alone, Carbs

I successfully flogged for a second day in a row. Today's challenge? Keep on flogging, but make better choices. Isn't that what flogging's all about?

Here's the damage from yesterday:

Breakfast: Bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats w/ milk
AM Snack - 1/2 oz cheese, 16 oz water
Lunch: 1 C leftover stuffing, 3/4 C leftover hashbrown casserole
PM Snack: 1/4 C chocolate chips
Supper: 1 C basil cream pasta, 3/4 C mixed vegetables, 2 pieces garlic bread
10pm snack: Cup of coffee w/ sugar and creamer, 100 cal rice crispie treat

Ok. So let's look at that a minute. First of all I'm thankful the Thanksgiving leftovers are FINALLY finished. I LOVE LOVE LOVE stuffing and am glad I only make it once a year. This year I made it with soy sausage, celery, onions and fresh sage. And a lot of butter. Glad it's gone.

PM snack was a good choice. I was hungry for something sweet and could easily have eaten much more. Did I tell you that I still have Girl Scout cookies in my pantry? Someone ordered 4 boxes and hasn't paid for / picked them up yet. And my husband and I are wondering what the statute of limitations are on said cookies. I'm surprised they haven't been torn into yet.

Supper, in and of itself wasn't horrible. I could have done with just one piece of garlic bread, a little less pasta and more vegetables. It wasn't the supper I had planned but yesterday was VERY SUPER hectic with our webstore (www.funbeyonddriven.com) - seems there's a present-giving holiday coming up that people are shopping for. A Lot. Add that to full time daycare and yesterday being Dance / Girl Scouts day for my oldest daughter and you'll understand why a lot of things I planned yesterday didn't get done.

So, live and learn. Isn't that what this is all about? I saved some coffee from the pot we brewed last night so I could have a coffee/mocha Shakeology this morning (I have 2 leftovers from my Three Day Cleanse from earlier in the month). Life is always going to be hectic in some way or another. I just have to be mindful of what I'm doing (the flog is really helping with that) and take things one day at a time.

3 comments:

  1. Hey you did better then me girly ;) WW totally redid their points system and I'm still getting the hang of it so I'm getting really hungry a lot more right now. So after 2 days of being really good (and hungry) on it I totally broke down for dinner last night and ordered pizza :p It was a crazy day here too plus hubby got paid yesterday and I hate when he gets paid in the middle of the week because it's all but impossible to go food shopping during the week! So crazy day + no food in the house + tired of thinking about food and being hungry = bad, bad combo. I also order those chocolate dunkers from Pizza Hut, ugh totally regretting those this morning!! But it's a new day right? I'm going to do my best today and my mom isn't working tomorrow and offered to watch my kids and nephew for me so I can go do some of the food shopping! So just need to make through today!! Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Losing weight was so much easier when I didn't have kids. I'm not blaming them in any way but what I am saying is I feel your pain, Christina. By the end of the day, honestly, I'm wore down and that's when I make the worst choices. I trick myself into thinking, "I'm tired. I deserve a break." Which I totally do, but I've come to realize that weight loss is one of the many things I have to have on my mind constantly, at least until I get going full steam. If you need any support as the day goes on just text me. If you lost my number in your 1000 phone replacements somewhere (ha!) PM me on Facebook or CM and let me know, I'll resend it.

    I'm learning as I go here (AGAIN). Do you like the new WW system? I guess it kind or irks me that they change their "formula" so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Losing weight was so much easier when I didn't have kids. I'm not blaming them in any way but what I am saying is I feel your pain, Christina. By the end of the day, honestly, I'm wore down and that's when I make the worst choices. I trick myself into thinking, "I'm tired. I deserve a break." Which I totally do, but I've come to realize that weight loss is one of the many things I have to have on my mind constantly, at least until I get going full steam. If you need any support as the day goes on just text me. If you lost my number in your 1000 phone replacements somewhere (ha!) PM me on Facebook or CM and let me know, I'll resend it.

    I'm learning as I go here (AGAIN). Do you like the new WW system? I guess it kind or irks me that they change their "formula" so much.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Check me out on Twitter (@OnwardColleen) and come back often! As always - feel free to email me any time! reinventingcolleen@att.net

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola