Tuesday, January 18, 2011

30 Days of Pictures - Day 7

Day 7 - "A picture of my most treasured item"

I'm not usually a "stuff" kind of person. Before this past Christmas I would have had trouble coming up with something for this one. But to the left is a picture of one of the presents my husband got for me (this is a stock photo - my surname is not McCarthy - my actual ring has my own surname on it :-).

I'm traditionally not a "jewelry" kind of woman (although I may be when I get all this weight off) because it draws attention to you. But this ring was so thoughtful....so completely wonderful. I had always sort of wanted a "Mother's Ring" with the birthstones of our children on it. But this one is one better - it's a family ring and has ALL of our birthstones on it as well as a Celtic knot. I can't begin to tell you what this ring means to me, for my family is my all. I love being able to carry a reminder of each of my family with me at all times. It is the perfect piece of jewelry! And I love love love it!!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Check me out on Twitter (@OnwardColleen) and come back often! As always - feel free to email me any time! reinventingcolleen@att.net

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola