Wednesday, January 26, 2011

30 Days of Pictures - Day 15

Day 15 - "A picture of something you want to do before you die"

I'm a horrible dancer. Beyond horrible, really. I can't seem to get that rhythm that people keep telling me about. My husband and I are both 35 years old and when we slow dance (about once every 2 years or so), we look like 17 year old kids at their senior prom. DORKY 17 year old kids at their senior prom.

I've set up some motivational goals for myself, mostly because I know I'm a goal prize-driven person. At the 90lb lost mark I've listed Dance Lessons as my reward. And as much as I thought he would resist it, my husband said YES when I proposed the idea to him. How awesome is that? And once we learn how to dance, I want to go places where dancing happens. I don't mean fast dancing - I've really no interest in that. I mean slow ballroom-style dancing. And 1930s swing-style dancing. I REALLY want to do that, and I think it's incredibly awesome that my husband not only supports my desire to do so, but is a willing participant!

Still to come....because I know you're on the edge of your seat with anticipation:


16. A picture of someone who inspires you
17. A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently
18. A picture of your biggest insecurity
19. A picture of you when you were little
20. A picture of somewhere you'd love to travel
21. A picture of something you wish you could forget
22. A picture of something you wish you were better at
23. A picture of your favorite book
24. A picture of something you wish you could change
25. A picture of your day
26. A picture of something that means a lot to you
27. A picture of yourself and a family member
28. A picture of something your afraid of
29. A picture that can always make you smile
30. A picture of someone you miss

3 comments:

  1. Hahahaha dorky 17 yr olds!! My husband and I had no idea how to dance for our slow dance, so we took it back to Jr High days!! LOL!! Then we started just being dorks and dancing with everyone... our "first dance" only lasted like a minute before we were broke apart and grabbed other people. LOL! I think it would be super fun to learn to dance all perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Colleen! It's Maria from facebook 56 days of change! I've recently started blogging so I ran over to yours when I saw your post about your blog. I can't dance either, this is a great reward for yourself!

    Come see me on my blog sometime! http://marialifelaughs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Maria! I'm heading over to your blog now!! Glad to have you here too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Check me out on Twitter (@OnwardColleen) and come back often! As always - feel free to email me any time! reinventingcolleen@att.net

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola