Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Dozen Years

Since today is my 12th wedding anniversary, I thought it only fitting that I blog about my husband. He's not often mentioned here, but he is an amazing source of help and support to me, not only in weight loss but in life.

We have been together 13.5 years and never once, no matter how much weight has fluctuated, he has never, not once, said a word about my weight. He is kind and gentle when it comes to my feelings and for that I'll be forever grateful. Over the years when I've decided to lose weight, he's supported me. When I've failed, he's held me up when I needed a helping hand.

I've never heard, "Are you really going to eat all that?" or "Do you think you should be eating that?" I'm glad I married a man who is thoughtful enough to know that an overweight woman is often a fragile woman, no matter how she tries to appear on the outside. He truly loves me for who I am, which means the world to any woman.

I am lucky, and I don't take it for granted.

Thanks for a wonderful first 12 years, Aron. Here's to 12 more.

3 comments:

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Check me out on Twitter (@OnwardColleen) and come back often! As always - feel free to email me any time! reinventingcolleen@att.net

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola