Thursday, April 28, 2011

I've Been Daydreaming....About The Amish

There's an Amish community close to where I live.  There are miles and miles of farms with roadside stands, a bulk foods store and even several nurseries.

But there is one Amish family who brings their produce into town to sell during the summer.  And I can't wait for them to return to town.  Every year I swear to myself that I am going to buy my produce from them - it's organic and delicious, not to mention affordable.  But what have I done in past years?  Told myself "it's too out of the way" (it's not), "it's a pain in the ass going to another place just for produce" (it wouldn't be), and "what am I going to do with all the kids- mine and daycare kids - while I go produce shopping?" (take them with me and teach them about fruits, vegetables, and farming!). 

So this year, I vow that I will buy farm fresh and I can't wait!!  I plan on buying approximately three gazillion cantaloupes from them.

**************************************************

I just want to take a moment to pimp out my other (new) blog.  It's all about being a mom and the guilt that goes along with it.  It's me doing the best I can as a mom, with the confessions to prove it.  Please take a moment to check it out, and if you like it, consider following it.  Confessions Of A Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Check me out on Twitter (@OnwardColleen) and come back often! As always - feel free to email me any time! reinventingcolleen@att.net

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola