Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Workouts In Relation to Food Choices

I'm a morning workout person.  It's the best time of day for me to get a workout in for a number of reasons. I have two small-ish children, so evenings are mostly devoted to them.  When I have worked out in the evening in the past, I was just too keyed up to wind down and go to sleep.

But most importantly, I've noticed (especially recently) that when I do complete a good workout in the morning, my food choices for the day are much better.  It's as if I don't want to ruin the good start to my day that the workout gave me.  If it were the other way around I'm sure my brain would trick itself and say, "Well you're working out tonight, go ahead and have sixty cookies."

And if I string several good workouts together then when I do take a rest day, I'm more apt to continue the trend of good choices.

If there's one thing that this past week has taught me, it's that psychology plays an even more important roll in my own personal weight loss journey than does food intake or exercise.  That stuff's the easy part.  That stuff's science that can be nailed down.  The psychology part, though - that's just my head trying to play tricks with my head and sometimes that's so difficult to get past. 

***************************************

I just want to take a moment to pimp out my other (new) blog.  It's all about being a mom and the guilt that goes along with it.  It's me doing the best I can as a mom, with the confessions to prove it.  Please take a moment to check it out, and if you like it, consider following it.  Confessions Of A Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Check me out on Twitter (@OnwardColleen) and come back often! As always - feel free to email me any time! reinventingcolleen@att.net

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola