Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Burst Into Summer Challenge - Week 2 Check In

Having started the Burst Into Summer Challenge at The Sisterhood of The Shrinking Jeans a bit late, this is my first check in although it's the second week.  I'll let you figure out the math.

I'm happy to report a 2 pound loss as of this week's weigh in.  I do my official weigh in on Mondays, and this is the weight that I use for our check in for this challenge which happens on Wednesdays.  Despite a DISMAL weekend food-wise, I still posted a nice loss so I'm counting my blessings and building on them. 

Since Monday everything I've consumed has been logged and SHARED with people.  That's right, SHARED.  I have a small group of ladies who are helping each other along on this journey via FB and it's been really helpful for me to share my food/activity log with them.  I've been making good choices, I've been kicking it HARD at the gym (did I mention I'm in love with the elliptical?  I know I did, but who cares - I'll throw caution to the wind and declare it again:  I LOVE THAT THING.) and I have been feeling good in general. 

I soaked up some sun today outside and I swear to you there really is something about fresh air that makes me feel so alive. Traditionally I've been the "I hate the outdoors and I want to stay inside where it's cool" kind of person but I have been LOVING being outside lately.  AND, might I add - I did so today in a tank top, which I have NEVER, EVER worn outside during daylight hours.  This is huge for me.  I've been assured that my backyard is considered "public" since people COULD see me.  So that's a big step for me.  YAHOO!

Overall, fabulous week.  I have only heard from one teammate but that's ok.  I'm going to rock this challenge no matter what!

1 comment:

  1. I love your confidence! I used an elliptical machine to start my training since it was such a great low impact cardio workout!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Check me out on Twitter (@OnwardColleen) and come back often! As always - feel free to email me any time! reinventingcolleen@att.net

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola