Friday, July 8, 2011

Bring Your Own Crazy Friday (again, on an actual Friday!)

My friend Joanna at Diary of A Mad Fat Woman turned me on to BYOC, or Bring Your Own Crazy, which Drazil over at It's Just Me, Drazil & Shaniqua hosts each Friday.  I thought I'd throw in again this week!

**********

1. If you were asked to symbolize yourself as an animal – which animal would you be?

I have never really liked this question. The only animal I identify with is a human.  I'm not much of a pet person.  It's not that I don't have compassion for animals - I do.  I just don't want them living with me.  The zoo is nice (if it's a good zoo) but I'm just not into being all close to animals and stuff.  I wonder what that says about my personality.

2. Did you ever play an organized sport – with coaches, rules and scoring? Tell us about it.

No.  Never.  I was far too ashamed of myself to put myself out there in any kind of organized sport.  Too afraid I'd fail.  My father would have loved it if I were in track or any other sport for that matter.  But I always thought I was too fat to even try. 

3. When did you start shaving your legs?

4th grade.  How old are you in 4th grade?  9ish I guess.  I thinkI'm not blessed with light body hair or body hair that doesn't grow very fast or body hair that is thin.  I had enough other body image things going on.  I'm glad my mother let me when she did.

4. When you’re in a crabby – pissy – want to stab everyone you see kind of mood – what do you do to get out of it or do you revel in it?

I try to remember my blessings.  But if I'm crabby or pissy I usually stew a bit and then get over it. 

5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in blogland and in real life.

Blogland - sparse at best.  Summer is so busy for me with daycare and my own kids.  I've got 6 girls here all day and my only moment to sit still is when the younger 3 nap.  And naptime is usually when I do my housework.  So if you see me hanging round the internet in the early afternoon, chances are I'm putting of housework.


In real life, I had some emotional issues creep up that led me down the path to the pantry.  So stupid, but I worked through them and woke up this morning with fresh eyes.  All there is to do is get back at it because I refuse to roll over and quit.  Rolling over and quitting is for suckas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Check me out on Twitter (@OnwardColleen) and come back often! As always - feel free to email me any time! reinventingcolleen@att.net

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola