Monday, July 4, 2011

I'd Like Your Opinions - Regarding Changing Weigh In Day

I've been mulling over the idea of changing my weigh in day.  Currently I'm a "Monday."  I'm considering changing to be a "Saturday."

Look, kids, it's summer time.  With that comes get-togethers, cookouts, family trips, weddings, blah blah blah.  And as it stands now I feel the need to keep tracking and stay on plan on the weekends, which is GOOD.  The NOT GOOD part is that if I do deviate from the plan I feel incredibly horrible.  I feel like I've undone a week's worth of work. Sometimes that can derail me for an entire week and sometimes I stay the course. 

The point is, whether I admit it or not, on the day of my weigh in I do usually get a little more liberal with my choices.  Good move?  Probably not.  I don't go over my points that often, and I very rarely use my weekly stash of points, but I do relax a little.  And I guess what I'm saying is, if I'm going to relax a little, I'd kind of rather have that be on a Saturday.

My concern is, will I let that balloon into a whole weekend of not giving a shit?  I don't plan to go hog-nuts on Saturdays by any stretch of the imagination.  But I also don't want to worry myself sick over choosing to have a beer or a glass of wine with dinner or even going out to eat. 

What do you think?  HONESTLY.  Have any of you done this before?  What day of the week do you weigh in?  Do you think this is just a ploy for my mind to say, "It's weekend time.  Where's the f-ing food?"    I'm really curious as to what you all think. 

Help!

1 comment:

  1. Before I joined Shrinking Jeans, my weigh-ins were Monday.

    Now, they are on Wednesdays. I thought I'd hate it - but I actually really like it.

    Being in the middle of the week, if I do slack off a little on the weekend - I still have several days to try and make it up. Also, I have a few days pre-weekend to get in some added work-outs to prepare for the weekend. Make sense?

    Even when I'm not doing challenges that require me to check-in on Wednesdays, I've kept the Wednesday weigh-in. It works for me. That being said, you have to decide what works for you. If you think you'd feel better weighing in on Saturday - that's what you should do. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Check me out on Twitter (@OnwardColleen) and come back often! As always - feel free to email me any time! reinventingcolleen@att.net

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola