Thursday, August 18, 2011

GET OUT OF THAT DAMN BED!

It's no secret that while I was on vacation I didn't work out.  But when I got back, I mapped out my plan of attack for getting back on the horse (figuratively), as it were.  Yesterday I had scheduled a visit to the gym, which I missed.  I did so some pushups/crunches, etc.  Today's scheduled workout was Week 2, Day 3 of the C25K Program (which essentially trains people like me with no running experience to go from the couch to being able to run a 5k or 30 minutes continuously). 

I set my alarm for 4:40 am.  Doesn't that seem even just a little obscene?  I hit the snooze button.  My whole family still seems EXHAUSTED from our trip and we're all trying to find our mojo again.  That 9 minute sleep between snooze alarms can seem like a blessing or a curse.  When my alarm rang again at 4:49, I hit snooze again and whispered, "I hate you" to my alarm clock.  I closed my eyes and thought of all the reasons why I SHOULDN'T get my ass out of bed and go to the park for my run.

"GET OUT OF THAT DAMN BED!" I shouted to myself in my head. 

So, I did.

The allure of my bed was so strong I just wanted to lay back down.  But I didn't.  I got up, brushed my teeth, got changed, and went to the park for my run where I'm proud to say I shaved almost a minute off my time.  And guess how I'm feeling right now?  Pretty damn good.

So even if you don't want to.  Even if you feel like there's no way in hell you want to workout today.  Just get up and do it.  Just get out of that damn bed and do it, because you know that you're going to feel 100 times better after getting up and working out than you will skipping it and feeling guilty that you did.

I hope you all have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Check me out on Twitter (@OnwardColleen) and come back often! As always - feel free to email me any time! reinventingcolleen@att.net

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola