Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I'm still here

I can't even begin to tell you how busy November and December are for my family.  Everyone is busy this time of year, this is so true.  We have this little internet store, www.FunBeyondDriven.com (as well as in Ebay store - http://stores.ebay.com/Fun-Beyond-Driven) where we sell all kinds of awesome collectibles and things just PERFECT for holiday gift giving.  So as you can imagine November and December are CRAZY with orders, shipping, etc.

In the craziness last week, and somewhat the week before, I let my healthy eating goals fall by the wayside.  At some point last week (ok, Monday of last week), I decided, "Thursday is Thanksgiving.  I'm going to be out of town visiting relatives - eating, drinking, and being merry.  Screw this whole week."  And that's pretty much what I did.  I ate a lot (mostly sweets, which I love).  I drank a lot on our 2 day trip north (I sort of fell in love with soft red wine, and hand-crafted Black & Tan beer).  I didn't track.  I snacked.  I overate.  I didn't exercise one bit from Tuesday morning to Sunday morning. 

To the tune of a NEARLY FIVE POUND gain.  That's not the type of gain I can blame on a lot of sodium the day before, or pre-menstrual bloat, or anything other than over indulgence. 

So what was my plan after I decided I was giving up on last week?  To push it even harder beginning Saturday morning, which was my weigh in.  I was back home, ready to face the challenge.  And believe me, after eating so much junk and having my body (mind?) crave it, Saturday was TOUGH.  There might have been a time or two when I nearly lost my shit and gave in.  BUT I DIDN'T. I ate well.  It was a very successful first day, despite the fact that all I wanted was most dressing, mashed potatoes, peanut butter balls, and pecan pie. (I'm so thankful that we didn't host Thanksgiving.  We had ZERO leftovers).

Sunday was good - I did some yoga in the morning and ate well that day until a slight derailment in the evening.  I tracked it all and have planned to move my ass this week to make up for it (which I already have).

I'm hardcore until Christmas, folks (at which point I'll take a day or two off). 

Hop along for the ride if you like.  I try and post here as much as I can in the coming month, but rest assured (because I'm sure you've all been gnawing at y our nails wondering where I've been) that I'll be back in force on my blog in January!

2 comments:

  1. I have found that after three and a bit months that anything I eat outside of my normal diet is going straight to my fat cells. Every time I have eaten out I seem to gain a pound even if my overall total is still under my daily amount. It's very frustrating :)

    What is important is that you become motivated again as opposed to giving up. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back. Sorry you had a gain :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Check me out on Twitter (@OnwardColleen) and come back often! As always - feel free to email me any time! reinventingcolleen@att.net

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola