Sunday, December 11, 2011

Catching Up On #resound11 Posts!

I'm behind, folks...I'm behind.  I'm going to go ahead and catch up on my reflection on the year 2011 with #resound11 posts....Here ya go!

#resound 11 Prompt #6 - Thelma & Louise:

Who is the Thelma to your Louise? Who is your partner in crime? Did you reacquaint yourself with an old friend? Did you make a new friend? Or, perhaps, you are a lone ranger?

This year I've been blessed with making two wonderful friends in the Twitter/Blog world -  Jessie, who blogs at A Last Confession, and Jaemie (creator of #resound11) who will be blogging at her own site which is in the works.

I started talking/texting Jessie at the beginning of the summer, I think?  Not exactly sure when it was, but I'm so glad I did.  We text each other daily - about weight loss and a billion other things (including, but not limited to: The Amish, Jerry Reed, Boone on Lost, kids, music, and what's for dinner.  She's become a very dear friend.  I've called her the Thelma to my Louise for a very long time.

Jaemie fell in with us quite easily.  We all have similar interests and personalities.  She's a wonderful resource on all things gluten-free and she's just an all around great person and phenomenal support.


#resound11 Prompt #7 - Goals

What goal did you set for yourself and achieve this year? Did you achieve something you didn't think you could? 

The goal I set and achieved that I'm most proud of is training for and competing in my first 5k Race.  You can read about it here (because I know you want to, and because I'm so freaking proud of it): First 5k Race Recap.  Training wasn't easy but somewhere toward the middle I started loving it.  I started looking forward to running and I was SO proud of finishing that race.  When I can get back to running outside, I can't wait to do it again. Summer 2012 will ROCK!


#resound11 Prompt 8 - Trademark Phrase

What's your trademark phrase? Not sure? How about a quote or saying that you repeat often?

Seriously.  I say "seriously" way too often.  Seriously.  Not new for 2011, though.


#resound11 Prompt 9 - Photo of The Year

Today, please post your best photo of the year. It doesn't have to be the best technically, it doesn't have to be the best visually, but it should be a photo that you consider the best. Does it have special meaning? Is it of a significant event or moment? Share it with us!

See prompt 7....this is my favorite picture of me from this year, right after finishing my first 5k Race.




I don't look particularly beautiful, but can you see how ACCOMPLISHED I feel?  It was glorious!


#resound11 Prompt 10 - Experiences

Today is a bit of a choose your own adventure: write (paint, draw, photograph, record, etc.) about your best experience this year. If that's not your cup of joe, write about your worst experience. Feeling chatty? Share both your best and worst moments.

Choosing just one "best" experience is just not who I am.  I thought and thought about this one and it just isn't coming to me.  I live my life in a succession of best experiences.  I try my best to make each thing I do a best experience. It doesn't always work.  I have shitty days.  But I choose to do my best to be positive and see the adventure in even the crappiest of situations.  So my best experience of the year?  I guess if I have to choose something it would be watching my children grow and learn for another year.  They delight me!

#resound11 Prompt 11 - Best Meal



What is the best meal or best food that you have eaten all year? Did you make it? Did you get it at a restaurant? Do your best to describe the food and the experience with us.

Hmm.  Best food all year....I don't know.  I try to delight in everything I eat.  I'm a fat girl who loves food.  But something that I really like that I came up with this year is a lighter version of ballpark nachos that I could literally eat every day and be happy.  I love the meals we ate on the cruise, for sure.  Mostly because I didn't have to make them but I wasn't worried about points/calories too.  But truthfully?  I just love eating.  



2 comments:

  1. A lowerfat version of nachos?!? Can you share that wisdom? LOL I'm a nacho FREAK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kasondra, there's no rocket science behind my nachos...I use baked nacho chips that I warm in the oven, topped with a jarred queso dip and then about 1/3 cup of turkey taco meat (prepared as if you'd be making tacos with it). Then I top with lettuce and some black olives, usually. My husband loves jalapenos and sour cream on his, but I don't like either so I leave them off.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Check me out on Twitter (@OnwardColleen) and come back often! As always - feel free to email me any time! reinventingcolleen@att.net

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola