Thursday, January 3, 2013

Temptation

I work in a coffee and cheese shop.  At the coffee shop we serve incredible espresso coffee drinks and our dessert case is full of sweet treats like homemade muffins, cookies, brownies, cobblers, and other lovelies.  And did I mention that the coffee shop also serves specialty ice creams?  On the cheese shop side we have a number of incredible cheeses (another of my weaknesses) and we serve soups and sandwiches - two more of my favorite foods. 

Yesterday  my goal was to be in control.  And I can't tell you the number of times while at work I wanted a cookie.  Or some ice cream.  Or a yummy coffee drink.  But I knew in my heart that if I wanted to meet my goal of staying in control that I couldn't even have one little bit of any of those things or I'd spiral out of control.  So I ate a small salad instead.

Now, I full well know that I can have any of those things in moderation.  But not right now.  It's too dangerous for me.  I know my limits, I just rarely listen to them.

But for one day, I did.

Today I have the same simple goal.  Stay in control.  I don't work today, which oddly enough you'd think would be easier.  But it's really not.  When I'm home I can sneak food if I want to, without anyone knowing.  At work it's not that easy.  So.  Today - in control.

How about you guys?  How are things going?

4 comments:

  1. Dude. Get a new job in a place that isn't so tasty. Good luck in the mean time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh... I don't know if I could do it. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day at a time can be the best policy. Good job avoiding all the temptation around you. I know I would have broken down and had a tasty coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is a tough environment. Great job resisting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Check me out on Twitter (@OnwardColleen) and come back often! As always - feel free to email me any time! reinventingcolleen@att.net

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola