Thursday, August 19, 2010

Making up For Yucky Brownies

Yesterday at my daycare the girls (I have all girls in my care) wanted to make brownies, so we did. But I substituted the oil for unsweetened applesauce. Despite having to bake them an additional 20 minutes, they came out pretty good. They were tasty. We iced them and put sprinkles on them because really, shouldn't all desserts have sprinkles? We were having a party celebrating the coming school year.

So I ate one. And it was so sweet I couldn't finish it. And it made me sick to my stomach for HOURS. It made me not want sweet things for a very long time. This is a good thing because as I mentioned before I LOVE SWEETS.

So to make up for the brownie atrocity we had cereal for supper. We don't do that often but it was just perfect last night. We were supposed to have pierogies and caramelized onions and those did not sound good to any of us. So we had cereal instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Check me out on Twitter (@OnwardColleen) and come back often! As always - feel free to email me any time! reinventingcolleen@att.net

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola