Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Little Moments

I came to a realization yesterday. I'm really good at "big-picturing" things. I can SEE myself thinner and healthy. I can almost FEEL what it'd be like to be a smaller size, able to do more with my children. However, I don't think "big picture" is the way to approach this weight loss. I've done that before and look how successful I was! Not very.

I think weight is lost / fitness is achieved not in the big picture but in the little moments that GET you to the big picture. That moment where you CHOOSE to get your fat ass up out of bed and go to the gym instead of sleeping in. That moment where you CHOOSE not to have an extra portion, even if nobody's looking. That moment where you CHOOSE to drink water instead of something else. That moment where you CHOOSE to eat healthy meals for your week and not a bunch of crap.

What I need to do is be a collector of little moments. Because those little moment are going to add up to the BIG moment when I reach my goal.

1 comment:

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Check me out on Twitter (@OnwardColleen) and come back often! As always - feel free to email me any time! reinventingcolleen@att.net

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola