Monday, January 17, 2011

30 Days of Pictures - Day 6

Day 6 - "A Picture of Someone You'd Like To Trade Places With for A Day"

I'm kind of going with what others have said here. I really don't want to be anyone else. Despite the fact that I bitch and complain sometimes about my weight and my struggles and blah blah blah, I've got it pretty good. A good husband who loves me no matter what, 2 beautiful and wonderful daughters who think I know EVERYthing (for now at least) and a roof over my head. Everything else is just gravy (mmmm, gravy.....)

So if I could trade places with someone, it would probably be my mother. That baby over there is me, circa the mid-1970s. And if I were to trade places with my mother it would be during this time period. I'd whisper into my ears - "Don't let food control you." "Don't be afraid to talk to people." "Be happy with who you are, and try to be a better person each day." Because somehow, those lessons got cross-wired for me. And I'm having a hard time with them still.

I was kinda cute then, huh?

3 comments:

  1. Oh mama, you are not alone! I somehow need to learn to take a compliment, and not feel as if people are lying to me to make me feel better.
    :(

    We can do this! One day at a time, one less bite at a time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmm, I always thought Lenna looked like Aron. Now I'm thinking she's a mini you from back then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MaryEllen - you're right. This picture of me and pictures of Len at the same age are almost identical.

    Thank you Trisha - sometimes it helps to know I'm not alone!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Check me out on Twitter (@OnwardColleen) and come back often! As always - feel free to email me any time! reinventingcolleen@att.net

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola