Wednesday, February 2, 2011

30 Days of Pictures - Day 19

Day 19 "A picture of you when you were little"

Technically, I've never been really "little" since I was an infant. You can see the chunk starting to form around my waist in this picture. I'm estimating this picture to be me at around 5 years old or so. God, I hated when my mother did my hair like that. That's my sister Karen's hand on my shoulder, by the way. And my brother's arm in front of me. Close-knit group, weren't we?

I don't remember a lot about my relationship with food at that age because honestly I don't remember a ton of things from my childhood. I remember some specific things. Some very funny things. But by and large, as a whole, it's pretty sketchy in my memory. My husband would tell you he's not surprised about that. My horrible memory is a long running joke with us.

Life is a lot simpler as a child, fitness-wise. Well depending on some variables, I guess. When you're a kid, you don't have a lot of say in what you get to eat. When you're little you can't just whip up a batch of cookies and eat the whole thing. You get what you get, I suppose. Which can be good or bad.

As far as exercise goes, kids don't view exercise as "work." They think of it as "fun." I know my daughters do, anyway. Running is FUN to them, not something to be dreaded or conditioned to do. I want that to last in them for the balance of their lives. I want them to LOVE being active, which is one of the reasons this is so important for me....this getting fit stuff, I mean.

If I can make sure they get exposed to nutritious alternatives in their diets, and continue to make activity fun, I think they'll be set up for a life free of having to constantly worry, "Are they all staring at my fat ass?"


Still to come....because I know you're on the edge of your seat with anticipation:

20. A picture of somewhere you'd love to travel
21. A picture of something you wish you could forget
22. A picture of something you wish you were better at
23. A picture of your favorite book
24. A picture of something you wish you could change
25. A picture of your day
26. A picture of something that means a lot to you
27. A picture of yourself and a family member
28. A picture of something your afraid of
29. A picture that can always make you smile
30. A picture of someone you miss

6 comments:

  1. How cute are you!! I agree, keep those kids from sitting inside. Get them out there and play. Better yet, play along with them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, you are so cute! Oh, to be a kid again - fun, fun, fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great Mom you are! " are they staring at my fat ass" haha!
    I am your newest follower.
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all the kind words!

    Welcome aboard, Kristin!! Glad to have you here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, you are so cute! Oh, to be a kid again - fun, fun, fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute are you!! I agree, keep those kids from sitting inside. Get them out there and play. Better yet, play along with them

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Check me out on Twitter (@OnwardColleen) and come back often! As always - feel free to email me any time! reinventingcolleen@att.net

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola