Thursday, February 3, 2011
30 Days of Pictures - Day 20
Day 20 - "A picture of somewhere you'd love to travel."
When my husband and I were first starting to talk seriously about marriage, we wanted to honeymoon in Ireland. We thought it would be just perfect (and it would have been) but little did our daydreaming minds know how much it costs to travel that far. So we said we'd "do it later."
Then 6 years later it hadn't happened and our first daughter came along. Traveling to Ireland is kind of out of the plans (it was for us anyway) when you have a baby. Then 4 years later, another daughter. You see the trend here? We we've never gotten to Ireland, but that doesn't mean we've given up.
We took a nice family cruise in 2009 and we'll be taking another one this year. Next year we're thinking of the possibility of Disney as our vacation (we'll have a a 4 year old and 8 year old girl - perfect ages for them to BOTH enjoy Disney without one being too old for it and one being too young for it.). In the foreseeable, future, though - we really are planning a trip to Europe, but for all 4 of us. We just can't fathom the thought of leaving our kids for a week or 2 so we can vacation. It's just not who we are. We'd rather enjoy the experience with our children. These vacations are such a fantastic learning opportunity for both of them!!
So look out, Ireland - At some point in the next 6 years we'll be seeing you!!
Still to come....because I know you're on the edge of your seat with anticipation:
21. A picture of something you wish you could forget
22. A picture of something you wish you were better at
23. A picture of your favorite book
24. A picture of something you wish you could change
25. A picture of your day
26. A picture of something that means a lot to you
27. A picture of yourself and a family member
28. A picture of something your afraid of
29. A picture that can always make you smile
30. A picture of someone you miss
Posted by Colleen on Thursday, February 03, 2011