Thursday, February 3, 2011

30 Days of Pictures - Day 20








Day 20 - "A picture of somewhere you'd love to travel."

When my husband and I were first starting to talk seriously about marriage, we wanted to honeymoon in Ireland. We thought it would be just perfect (and it would have been) but little did our daydreaming minds know how much it costs to travel that far. So we said we'd "do it later."

Then 6 years later it hadn't happened and our first daughter came along. Traveling to Ireland is kind of out of the plans (it was for us anyway) when you have a baby. Then 4 years later, another daughter. You see the trend here? We we've never gotten to Ireland, but that doesn't mean we've given up.

We took a nice family cruise in 2009 and we'll be taking another one this year. Next year we're thinking of the possibility of Disney as our vacation (we'll have a a 4 year old and 8 year old girl - perfect ages for them to BOTH enjoy Disney without one being too old for it and one being too young for it.). In the foreseeable, future, though - we really are planning a trip to Europe, but for all 4 of us. We just can't fathom the thought of leaving our kids for a week or 2 so we can vacation. It's just not who we are. We'd rather enjoy the experience with our children. These vacations are such a fantastic learning opportunity for both of them!!

So look out, Ireland - At some point in the next 6 years we'll be seeing you!!

Still to come....because I know you're on the edge of your seat with anticipation:

21. A picture of something you wish you could forget
22. A picture of something you wish you were better at
23. A picture of your favorite book
24. A picture of something you wish you could change
25. A picture of your day
26. A picture of something that means a lot to you
27. A picture of yourself and a family member
28. A picture of something your afraid of
29. A picture that can always make you smile
30. A picture of someone you miss

9 comments:

  1. Love the photos... Hubs' Dad is from Ireland and I think it would be nice to go there someday (though, as you know, Scotland is my big "dream" place to go). :>

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go to Scotland too! Maybe we can meet up there! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you. I couldn't leave my daughter either and if I did all I would do is think about her and talk about her. Disneyland is so awesome and to see the joy in your daughter's eyes will be priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are the cliffs of moher sp? My mom is from ireland and I have sooooo much family there. I have been and my hubby and I definately want to go

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colleen, Thanks for visiting my blog! I think we have lots more in common than just needing to lose the big 100. Ireland is also on my must visit list. My father lived there for two years in his youth so I grew up hearing stories the the magic of Ireland. We love to cruise too. :) You might want to look at a Disney trip and a Disney cruise. Totally amazing. (it is pricey) My kids loved it. Good Luck. It will be fun to be on this journey together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog. Love it!! Keep those motivational post coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your blog. Love it!! Keep those motivational post coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are the cliffs of moher sp? My mom is from ireland and I have sooooo much family there. I have been and my hubby and I definately want to go

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you. I couldn't leave my daughter either and if I did all I would do is think about her and talk about her. Disneyland is so awesome and to see the joy in your daughter's eyes will be priceless.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Check me out on Twitter (@OnwardColleen) and come back often! As always - feel free to email me any time! reinventingcolleen@att.net

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola