Friday, February 18, 2011

30 Days of Pictures - Day 27


Day 27 - "A picture of yourself and a family member"

This one's a picture of me and my two babies. Taken last summer at the Gateway Arch in St. Louis, MO.

I guess they're not babies anymore, are they? Lilly is my oldest. She is 6 and has her own ideas about the world, which I think is fantastic. She loves to run, dance, and cheerlead (much to my surprise). Having always been the "tomboyish" type, I'm pretty clueless as to anything fashion related and have never quite "gotten" cheerleading. But she LOVES it and to see her blossom before my eyes with this sort of stuff is utterly breathtaking. I tell her often that she is so very special to me because she is the person who made me a mommy, and for that I will be forever greatful to her. She is an amazing person and an incredible artist. She has an eye for beauty.

Lenna is 2 1/2 going on about 25. She is a perfect combination of independent while still needing her mommy. She is very headstrong (I have *no* idea where she gets that from - ha!) but so sweet and gentle (when she wants to be). She idolizes her big sister and they are becoming great friends. She loves monkeys and anything purple. Purple monkeys make her head spin, she loves them so much. She reminds me constantly that she loves me just for being me, not for what I look like. She is so special to me because she completed our family, and she made Lilly a big sister - a role that she has taken on full-tilt.

And so these are my girls. I speak of them often on my blog and I thought you all might like to get to know them a little better. They, with their daddy, are the lights of my life - the bright spots when sometimes all I can see is darkness.

Still to come:

28. A picture of something your afraid of
29. A picture that can always make you smile
30. A picture of someone you miss

2 comments:

  1. Lucky kids and lucky mom. I love purple too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purple monkeys makes her head spin, hahahaha, love it
    I was a major tomboy so I hear ya on that one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Check me out on Twitter (@OnwardColleen) and come back often! As always - feel free to email me any time! reinventingcolleen@att.net

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola