Sunday, April 17, 2011

Planning My Week

Studies have shown that when I pre-plan, I have more success.  And by studies, I just mean going over past weeks.  Really scientific, yeah?  But seriously, pre-planning is key for me.

My family plans all of our dinners a week in advance for the purposes of shopping.  My weekly grocery budget is $100 - that includes toiletries & food for a family of four - PLUS lunches / snacks for my 4 additional daycare children for 5 days of the week, and stuff for my 6 year old's sack lunch she takes to school.  Sometimes I have to get creative.  Lunches for my husband and myself are usually leftovers or a sandwich.

Here are dinners for next week:

  • Pizza
  • Chicken Enchiladas / vegetable
  • Ravioli w/ white & red sauce / vegetable
  • Chicken Sandwiches /  baked chips
  • French Toast
  • Grilled Cheese Sandwiches / Soup
  • Tacos

On nights we're having a dinner with a higher Weight Watchers points value, I go lighter on my lunch & breakfast.  If we're having a low points value dinner, I'll spread the extra points through the day.  We decide what we'll have for dinner in the morning so I can plan the rest of my day.  As far as workouts are concerned, 5 per week is my minimum - usually 3 at the gym and 2 at home.  If I go over that, awesome, but I will not get less than 5.  Water consumption per day will be no less than 120 ounces.

Do you preplan your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Check me out on Twitter (@OnwardColleen) and come back often! As always - feel free to email me any time! reinventingcolleen@att.net

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola