Friday, April 15, 2011

What can I accomplish in 16 weeks? What can YOU?

There are 16 weeks left until our cruise to the Bahamas.  Some time ago, I blogged about vacation planning and outlined some of my fitness goals for that vacation.

The trip is booked and I've been thinking for some time now about how it is going to be perceived.  Along with a few Twitter friends, the 16 Week challenge was born.  (It's called the SBRChallenge (for Super Bitchin' Rockstar Challenge - if you want to join in just follow me on Twitter @AdiosFatGirl and use the #SBRChallenge hashtag).  There are a few of us in it with varying amounts of weight we'd like to lose by the target date.  Mine happens to be 37 because that would mean that I'll be in under 200 for the first time in a really long time.  And the reason I'd like to reach that goal is (as outlined in my original vacation planning post: 


I want to walk on the beach in a swimsuit and not feel like everyone's saying, "Holy shit, look at that fattie." I want to swim with my children in the ocean free of shame. I want to not hinder their experiences because of my weight.

And dammit, I'm going to reach that goal.

In an effort to do so, I'm thinking about making my food journal public.  I'd hesitated doing this for a host of reasons but I think it'll really help me feel motivated.  We'll see how long I stick with it.  If I feel it's helping, I'll stick with it.  I may not post daily but I WILL post.  I always love reading people's daily food intake (it gives me cooking ideas!) and perhaps the fact that I'll have to FLOG (food log) about it means I most likely won't get naughty! HA! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Check me out on Twitter (@OnwardColleen) and come back often! As always - feel free to email me any time! reinventingcolleen@att.net

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola