Sunday, May 8, 2011

30 Pounds Lost Incentive Earned / Self-Control

I reached the 30 pounds lost mark this past week and yesterday I collected my prize!  We dropped the girls off at grandma's house and went out on a wonderful date!  We headed to them movie theater to see Thor at 10am.  Can I just tell you that I LOVE the 10:00 show?  We both got in to see a 3D movie (which always carries that stupid extra surcharge) for $13.  FOR BOTH OF US.  That's not being cheap, that's being smart.  After seeing Thor (which was awesome, by the way.  Chris Hemsworth This piece of cinema is worth feasting your eyes on for 2+ hours.

After that, we headed to lunch with some friends.  We'd decided on TGI Friday's as we hadn't been there in many years and thought we'd give it a try.  My husband ordered a delicious looking BBQ Chicken wrap with fries (which looked yummy), and the couple we were with ordered some sufficiently yummy looking food as well.  I ordered the "Dragonfire Chicken" which was one of their "RPRP" (right portion right price) meals.  I also ordered a blackberry margarita.  It was a normal sized one, but I realized once and for all I don't really like margaritas.  I think it has something to do with the dreadful tequila they use to make them.   Anyway, I was pleasantly happy that my ENTIRE meal (sans drink) was only 11 PointsPlus, according to the nutritional information on their website (they do not list fiber values, however).  ELEVEN.  The chicken, which had this delicious kung-pao sauce with it was fantastic.  It came with jasmine rice and steamed broccoli.  I couldn't have been more pleased.  I highly recommend it.  The cocktail - not so much.

Today was Mother's Day and my husband and daughters went the distance to make it an extra special day for me.  My husband cooked breakfast AND washed the dishes (thank you, dear!) and the girls had some wonderful gifts.  I did not track what I ate today, but as most Weight Watchers folks do, I mentally tallied points.  I figure I used about 4 -5 of my weekly points today.  I made sensible choices and felt like a "normal" person.  I didn't stress about food.  I just enjoyed my family.  That's what it's all about, y'all.  I will, however, be back to tracking tomorrow!!

"Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children"
        - William Makepeace Thackeray

Here's to all the moms out there who do their best every day to live up to the image their children have of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Check me out on Twitter (@OnwardColleen) and come back often! As always - feel free to email me any time! reinventingcolleen@att.net

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola