Monday, May 9, 2011

The Secret To Whooping A Day Into Shape (I'm Not Trying)

I'm going to tell all of you what it takes to truly take a day and make it yours.  It's painfully simple and excruciatingly complex.  All it takes is a positive attitude and a little confidence in yourself.  I've said before that I believe that weight loss is about 20% science (calories in vs. calories out) and 80% mental / emotional.  When we truly believe we can succeed, we succeed.  When we truly believe there's a chance to fail, we'll fail every time.

Riding the high of self-confidence now doesn't mean that in the future something won't happen to point me back to my old ways.  It's very easy to slip back into "What The Hell" mode.  It's comfortable.  It's what we know.  But true strength is forged OUTSIDE of our comfort zone.  It's earned through figurative and literal blood, sweat, and tears.  When we feel strong it's like a badge of honor, as well it should be.

Me?  I'm not going to try anymore.  A wise Muppet once said, "Do or do not.  There is no try."  When we use the word "try," we offer a chance of failure right in the front door.  Failure is like a vampire.  It can't come in unless we invite it.  And saying we're going to "try" something means, "Eh....I'll do a little of the required work, but if it doesn't pan out then who cares."  I'm not going to try succeeding.  I'm going to do it.

"I never try anything, I just do it." 
-Varla, Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Check me out on Twitter (@OnwardColleen) and come back often! As always - feel free to email me any time! reinventingcolleen@att.net

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola