Sunday, May 1, 2011

April Goals Wrap Up / Goals For may

At the beginning of April, I set some goals for myself.  Since today is May 1, I will go ahead and assess how I did for the month of April.  But first, let me tell you a little about how April has gone for me.
 
In April, I took a break from the #7daychip.  I found that for me, I was obsessing over the numbers of what day I was on and stressing out over being perfect.  This isn't because of the design of the objective of the group or anything, it was all me.  When I would mess up, the guilt spiral would start.  So once I felt I was out of the running for the #30daychip, I took a step back and reevaluated my goals and how I need to get there.  I think that #7daychip is an excellent concept and has helped me greatly in the past.  I felt, though, that a break was needed to "recharge."  It has really helped.  I started back to trying to earn my next #7daychip yesterday and my only goals are staying within my daily allotted points target and tracking what I eat/drink everyday.   I feel this will boost my success.
 
In addition, I started the SBR Challenge (see tab above).  This has proven to be a great group of people we have here.  Many of us have had a bit of struggle the past week but I know we're all going to kick it into high gear and power through this challenge.  It's gonna be awesome! 

Let's get into the meat of last month's goals and see how I did:


Goals For April

Goal weight for the end of April: 229

My weigh in last week was 232.6.  This isn't quite 229, but I'm getting pretty close.  More focus will do the trick here, I think.

Drink 120 oz of water daily
I'm happy to say that there were only 2 or 3 days OUT OF THE WHOLE MONTH that I did not get all my water in.  That's pretty damn good, if you ask me.  You didn't, but I'm telling you anyway.

5 workouts per week, no excuses

Done.  This is one of my favorite parts of this weight loss stuff now. I am really enjoying my workouts.  I even got a chance this past weekend to workout with a friend and it was a lot of fun!  I may trick her into taking a Zumba class with me someday :)  Sunday workouts have been pretty awesome, too - my husband and I have been doing about an hour of Kundalini Yoga every Sunday morning together and I absolutely love it.

Blog 6 times per week

I think for the most part I've done this.  I'm not 100% sure though.  If not, I'm pretty close.

Try 2 more healthy recipes this month (I love cooking new things!)
Trying to think here.  I don't think that this happened.  Though I did make a new recipe today that was spiked iced tea.  It was heavenly, but sent me straight into a 2 hour nap.

Log 50 miles at the gym this month with a combination of elliptical, treadmill, and bike 

This month I logged:
49.61 miles on the bike
21.84 miles on the elliptical
.96 miles on the treadmill (as you can tell, it's not my favorite.  I kind of don't like it at all)

For a grand total of 72.75 miles logged at the gym for April.  I'd say I surpassed that goal and it feels so good!!  Yesterday I bested my 2 mile time on the elliptical and I just keep getting better at it.  It freaking ROCKS.


So this leads me to what my goals for May are.  I have many things going on this month (Mother's Day, my birthday, and our mini-vacation at the end of the month), so I will really have to keep a tight rein on my eating/exercise. Here's the goals:

GOALS FOR MAY

  1. At the end of the month, I would like to weigh in at 221.  That'll leave me at my lowest weight of the past (at least) 10 years.  I stalled at 221 the last time I did Weight Watchers.  I ain't stalling this time.
  2. Continue with 120 oz of water daily
  3. TRACK EVERYTHING
  4. pre plan each day as much as humanly possible (this is when I experience the greatest success)

And for this month, that's it. What are your goals for May?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Check me out on Twitter (@OnwardColleen) and come back often! As always - feel free to email me any time! reinventingcolleen@att.net

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola