Friday, June 17, 2011

Bring Your Own Crazy Friday (on an actual Friday!)

My friend Joanna at Diary of A Mad Fat Woman turned me on to BYOC, or Bring Your Own Crazy, which Drazil over at It's Just Me, Drazil & Shaniqua hosts each Friday.  I thought I'd throw in again this week!

*****


1. Do you make your bed every day? Tell us about or show us a picture of your bed comforter?

Between Aron and I, the bed gets made EVERY DAY.  Aron's home office is also in our bedroom and I'm sure he doesn't like looking at a rumpled bed all day.  And I know that when the bed's made, it's this completely (free) luxurious feeling when I slide under the covers.  That being said - it's not like it's a monumental task to make it.  We have the fitted sheet on there, and the comforter (that goes to the set) on top of that.  We lay ON TOP of the comforter and the cover up with our own individual blankets.  We do that because somehow, some way, Aron gets ALL OF THE COVERS, EVERY SINGLE NIGHT over on his side.  We snuggle a bit under one blanket, then we go our separate ways, as it were.


2. Johnny Cash or Elvis? Thin crust pizza or deep dish? Coke or Pepsi? Beer or wine or neither?


• Johnny Cash, hands down.  Love the early stuff (grew up on it) and his later stuff that he recorded with Rick Rubin is just f-ing awesome.  One of my very favorites is "Mary of The Wild Moor" - an old traditional song that is haunting and beautiful:




• Deep dish pizza with really good sauce and lots of cheese.

• I don't really drink soda.

• Good, wonderful dark beer.  Or cheap wine like "Boone's Farm."

3. I recently went through my list of blogs I follow and was at my limit so I unfollowed bloggers who haven’t blogged in at least 6 months. I want to start following some more new blogs. Who’s your fave lately? Funniest? Most inspiring? Can you link them for me??

I love my friend Jessie's blog at A Last Confession . She better not delete her blog or I'll kick her square in the ass.  It's just wonderful. Plus, of course, Fattyboobalatty at Fatty Made A Funny is also incredible as well.

4. Repeat question: Summarize your week in blog land and in real life.

Real life has been great.  I've had one of those weeks where I'm just thankful as hell for every blessing I have in my life.  My youngest daughter fell ill last night with a mystery fever which spiked in the middle of the night to 102.9 which prompted a visit to the doctor today.  A double ear infection and pharyngitis was the diagnosis and in the past 24 hours she has eaten 2 bites of frosted mini wheats, 1 bite and a half of a pbj roll-up, some mandarin orange segments, and a good bit of water.  Doc said let her eat whatever she wants for the next 24 hours or so.  Her throat was red, raw, inflamed.  So tonight she says, after eating about 2 bites of a breadstick dipped in "ketchup" (marinara) that she'd like to have a milkshake.  Aron and I said yes and I sent him and our friend after one for all of us.  He decided he didn't want one and neither did the friend so the girls and I both had one.  After the pizza I ate and all the Doritos, I sure as hell should have skipped the milkshake but didn't.  I ate my feelings for the first time in a while.  Since my children rarely get sick, when they do I have a mini meltdown on the inside and sorta freak out in private.  It SCARES me.

But guess what?  Once again comforting myself with food was a flop.  I was still scared after and all I felt was bloated.  But the upside is that I wouldn't consider what happened today a binge.  I was trying to self-medicate with food but I stopped and never did have the glazed look in my eye that's the hallmark of a binge.  So learning = good.

As for blog land, I'm trying to get back in the swing of things.  I signed up for the Blast into Summer challenge over at the Sisterhood of The Shrinking Jeans but never got an email about what team I'm on so maybe I joined too late.

I'm trying to get on a more regular blogging schedule so you can all breathe a sigh of relief.  HA!

1 comment:

  1. Awww...I'm sorry to hear about your lil one..hope she gets better soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Check me out on Twitter (@OnwardColleen) and come back often! As always - feel free to email me any time! reinventingcolleen@att.net

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola