Thursday, July 21, 2011

I Am Not Those People, And That's Ok

I read a lot of blogs.  As a mother of 2 with two full time jobs (in home child care and our internet business) and a household to run, I don't always have time to comment on each one.  But I do read a lot - There are many, many in my Google reader.

When I first got into the blog world, I constantly compared myself to the other bloggers that I read.  I would think, "oh my gosh....she's lost X amount of weight in X amount of months."  Or I would fall into the trap of thinking, "He's worked out for 2 hours each day for 6 days out of the week - I'm never going to be able (or want) to do that - I'll fail!"

The truth is, I'm not those people.  And that's ok.  I am really doing my best to eliminate the word "only" when it comes to weight loss. I find myself saying, "I've *only* lost 35 pounds."  Only?  What the hell?  That's more than my almost three-year-old daughter weighs!  THAT'S A WHOLE CHILD.

This isn't a race.  I'm not in a position in my life to do Biggest Loser-style 6 hour workouts.  I have children and a family to take care of.  I have other commitments.  But 35 pounds in 7 months?  I'll take that.  I don't mind not being exactly like all those wonderful people I read about in the blog world.  They are a fantastic inspiration to me and I'll be thankful to all of them for years to come because they're the reason I was brave enough to get off the couch and DO something for myself.  But - this isn't a race.  I know I'll get to where I need to be.  This time - I KNOW I WILL.  I may not get there as fast as others but I'm sure as hell enjoying the ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Check me out on Twitter (@OnwardColleen) and come back often! As always - feel free to email me any time! reinventingcolleen@att.net

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola