Wednesday, July 27, 2011

So Full Of Optimism I Might Burst

I'm riding that high, ya'll.  Maybe it's because I did a double workout today and although my knees are bitching a little about it tonight, I have felt wonderful ALL DAY LONG.

Truth is, since changing my weigh in days to Saturdays, I have felt refreshed and not so restricted. I usually like to get a workout in before I weigh in, so it encourages me to get that Saturday morning workout in that I might not get in otherwise.  It also allows me to not feel so restricted if we happen to be at an "event."  Weekends are the time our family lets it's collective hair down.  We have people over, we go visit people, we head out on adventures. 

And I'll be totally honest with you.  I don't think I'll ever be that "food is fuel" girl.  Food is part of who I am.  For a good many years I've let it dictate who I am, but now it's just a part.  Food is such a social experience and I want to be able to enjoy it for the rest of my life.  However, now I'm becoming more and more in control of it instead of the other way around.

So, since I've changed my weigh in day, I am a little more lax on Saturdays and I've still been losing at a good rate. More importantly, I am gaining confidence.  My husband took a picture on his cell last night - and seriously, this kid cracks me up - she's using 2 pieces of bread to do her "SpongeBob" impression.    But the thing that really struck me after I got done laughing is that the chick standing behind my daughter?  That's ME.  Those are my *TAN* shoulders.  Do you know how long it's been since I've had a tan on my shoulders?  And seriously, I didn't realize my back and shoulders look good.  Thankfully Lilly's hiding my batwings, but seirously.  I've got the confidence to wear tank tops out in public now and I HAVE NEVER DONE THAT MY WHOLE ADULT LIFE. 

This journey isn't about racing to the finish line because truthfully there is no finish line.  It's about finding that works for you and running with it.  It's about finding ways to be comfortable in your own skin. 

I can't say I'll never binge again because I'm fairly certain I will at some point.  But it's times like this, folks, that I completely realize that I am going to get where I want to be, no matter how long it takes. 

I am gaining much more than I'm losing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Check me out on Twitter (@OnwardColleen) and come back often! As always - feel free to email me any time! reinventingcolleen@att.net

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola